Disney's World of Spas

I recently have dived into research regarding Disney World's selection of Spas for my own trip. As part of my "Treat Yo Self" experience, I booked a reservation at Senses Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian. But deciding what was best for me as far as a spa and what kind of treatment I wanted proved way harder than I expected. With that being said, I'm going to share my process and options for you when you are considering unwinding during your stay.



Going into it, I only knew about three spas on property. They were the Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge due my to prior experience working there, Senses at Disney's Grand Floridian and Senses at Saratoga Springs. I quickly learned that there were actually quite a few options to choose from, including at Coronado Springs which is where I'll be staying. After looking into what Coronado had to offer, I saw that they had a spa and this is where my hunt began. Some of the spas on property offer so much that I will limit the details to just massages (not including couples or pregnancy massages as it wouldn't apply to me) and facials.

La Vida Massage
PC: OrlandoParkNews

La Vida Health Club
PC: Passport to the Parks


Coronado Springs Resort has La Vida Health Club which features a Spa , a Fitness Center and a Salon. While the prices were pretty reasonable for a massage, there weren't many options that intrigued me. They had Swedish, Custom and In Room Massages which range from 50-80 mins and cost between $115-$180, not including In Room. In Room you have to call and inquire. They also had custom facial that were $140 for 50 mins. I liked it originally because I wouldn't have to travel out of my resort but the selection of options just wasn't for me.

Mandara Spa Entrance
PC: Disney Dining

Mandara Spa
PC: TripAdvisor

Mandara Spa
PC: WDWMAGIC


A friend recommended the Mandara Spa that's located at the Dolphin Hotel. It has a Bali theme and specializes in treatments and experiences based in Asian culture. They offer Spa Journeys, Massages, Facials, Mani/Pedis, Hair, Makeup and Waxing. Spa Journeys are globally influenced, can be made full or partial and include facials, body wrap, massage and bathing. Mandara offers 50, 75 and 80 minute massages including Custom, Deep Tissue, Balinese, Fire and Ice and Coconut Poultice. They range from $130 to $230. And if you really want, they have additional experiences that you can add for an additional fee for a certain amount of allotted time such as hot stone therapy for $35 or a 25 min exotic body polish for $75. While this seemed AMAZING, there were a bit too many options for me and it made it a bit overwhelming. Not to mention, no annual passholder discount here.

Entrance to Ship Shape
PC: SahmReviews

Ship Shape
PC: DisneyFashionista




Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness, located in Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center offered the same treatments as La Vida. Zahanati offered massage and facial upgrades and enhancements, which Ship Shape and La Vida did not. For $50 extra you could get 25 mins of a sugar scrub, extend the bliss or foot reflexology. For $25 you can add a warm stone treatment, aromatherapy upgrade or warm paraffin treatment for hands or feet. They must be added at the time of charge though. These options were for someone but just not for me. So my final options were the Senses spas at either Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs.

I didn't look into Saratoga's Senses Spa because the resort was a bit further away than I wanted to go but the option would have been taken if it was the last resort. Saratoga's Senses theme is the American Countryside while Grand Floridian's is 20th Century Floridian Garden. At this point, that's the only difference in the spas.

Senses Spa at Saratoga Springs
PC: WDWFANZONE

Senses Spa at Saratoga Springs
PC: WDWTHEMEPARKS


Facials offered are Vitamin C Signature, Cocoa Enzyme, Refined Gentleman, Tropical Immersion, Beyond Organic and Customized. They range from $150-$235 for 50 or 80 mins and enhancements can be added on but must be done at time of service. Massages offered are Citrus Grove Signature, Authentic Aromatherapy, Swedish, Customized, Warm Stone and leg and foot intensive. They range from $135 to $210 for 50 or 80 mins. In the end, I actually ended up choosing a 75 min body treatment and a custom facial at the Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian. This was done off of the recommendation of the cast member who booked me when I called.

Entrance to Senses Spa at Grand Floridian Resort
PC: TOURINGPLANS

Senses Spa at Grand Floridian
PC: INSIDE THE MAGIC


To book any spa treatment, you have to call 407-WDW-SPAS. You will be assigned a person of your gender to conduct the service. You do not have to pay in advance but upon arrival and annual passholder discount is 15%. You can book up to 180 days in advance and its asked that you leave your phone in your resort room if you are a guest. Otherwise you will be asked to put it on silent or turn it off. You must arrive 30 mins before your scheduled appointment but having a reservation means you have access to the full spa the whole day of your reservation. You will need a swimsuit to utilize them. A 20% gratuity will be applied and if you do not cancel up to 6 hours prior to your appointment, you will be charged the full amount.



There are more policies and things to know that you can find at Disneyworld.com but these were the most important ones. In the meantime, I hope you are able to book your own appointment soon and I can't wait to share my very first spa experience with you all in the next few months!



Comments