Horseback Riding at Disney World

Most guests, unless you research thoroughly, do not know about the recreational activities that are available to you during your visit.  As a passholder, I still haven't tried all of what Walt Disney World has to offer. That's why during my next visit I have decided to try things I have not done before.

I explored the Disneyworld page a bit more, which I would always recommend you do when planning your upcoming trip. This is how I came across the horseback riding activity. I have never ridden a horse before so I was extremely excited to find this activity since I had only known about the Pony rides.

The Pony rides are at Tri Circle D Ranch at Disney's Fort Wilderness and suitable for young children. They must be at least 2 years old, under 80 pounds and be able to hold themselves onto the pony. An adult must lead the pony themselves and it costs only $8 to do! They do rides up to 30 mins before close. Now if you want to do something fun, different and laidback with your kids, this is a great option. A few differences here from the actual horseback riding is that for pony rides it is cash only and no reservations are needed.

PC: Disneyworld.com


If you are age 9 and up, you want to go for the horseback riding, which starts in the same location as the pony rides. You get to explore Fort Wilderness for 45 minutes with a cast member and take in the natural scenery. The best part is that its perfect for beginners or if you only have done it a few times. You have to call 407- WDW-PLAY to book a reservation and it's $55 a person. When I called to book, the cast member mentioned that passholders do get a discount which brought my price down to $49. They do take money at the time of booking so be prepared to pay. I was also told to remember to wear closed toe shoes, to arrive 30 mins prior to my scheduled time and that cell phones and cameras were not allowed with me during the ride.

They offer a few times throughout the day which are 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. 1pm and 2:30pm.  I personally opted for the earliest ride so I can have a serene first ever horseback ride through fort wilderness. This won't be until late December but planning in advance as much as possible for your Disney trip saves a lot of time and headaches. I will be doing a rundown of my experience but if you want something now, take a look at my friends from Magic Geekdom who visited the horses at the ranch!



Comments