Why I Use Airfordable

I get asked every now and again how I can afford to travel so much, especially since returning from Italy. Part of it is just research, budgeting your money and other things I have learned over the years. But lately I have discovered Airfordable and it's been an absolute godsend to me.

A relative first told me about the website where you can pay for your flight of your choosing in payments. It sounded extremely sketch to me at first but a month or so later, I tried it for my Easter visit to Orlando. It was in fact pretty easy as long as you know how to find the best flights for you.

When I utilized this service, I used google flights to compare flights and prices for my dates. It also helped that I was looking early enough so that the prices weren't too much. I was checking around January at the time. I would say start looking between 3-4 months prior to your dates. While using google flights, I was checking out Southwest Airlines too. My go to airline for me and my family has always been Southwest because their service is just so wonderful. It also helps that you can bring two bags free and I tend to overpack almost 80% of the time. If I didn't find anything I liked on google flights, I was going to use southwest.

I did end up going with southwest in the end simply because they had flight times that were better for me. So using airfordable is super easy once you choose your flights. Just a heads up, it will ask you to make an account before checking their prices. You simply put in your travel dates and the total cost of your flight including tax as well as how often you want to make payments. The payments can be every 2, 3 or 4 weeks. It will calculate your down payment to hold the flight and the payments.




It's truly so easy I couldn't believe it! Basically what happens is that they are holding your ticket for you and once you complete your payments, they send you your E-Ticket and congrats, you are headed to your destination. The best part is you can still get your airline points too which I loved for my southwest points. I will use my latest flight as an example for a breakdown.

The total of my flight roundtrip from Baltimore to Orlando for my December trip is going to be $502.96 flying with Southwest. Normally, I would search on google flights for a cheaper flight but since its smackdab in the middle of the holiday season, this was pretty unavoidable. But I didn't panic because I had this website.

So when I put the dates and total in, choosing to pay every 2 weeks because that fits my pay cycle better, the total came to $568.34 since Airfordable has to add a service fee. Mine was $65.38. Down payment was $191.12 and I only have 4 payments of $94.31 to do. Meaning I will have my ticket by the end of September. Pretty decent for a flight I was about to have to pay $502 upfront for. Now if you don't mind the service fee, which is calculated depending on the price of your flight, then this is perfect for you!

When you first book, they will ask you to screenshot your entire flight plan including the flight dates, times and total of the flight. TIP: You can book a flight with Spirit Airlines BUT it has to be through a different travel site and not Spirit.com. The dates also have to be booked at least 19 days out from the booking date and they do not make exceptions to this rule. Finally, the flight has to be at least $200.

And there you have it! One of my secrets to how I am able to afford traveling so much! Where are you going to be headed now that you have this trick under your belt? Let me know in the comments!


Comments

  1. I literally had never heard of anything like this!! This blog post is a Godsend!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment