Mindfulness Meditation is the Best

Mindfulness Meditation was one of the first things I learned when I decided to dive into the realm of spiritualism. I was familiar with meditation because I tried it when I was working on myself during my therapy sessions. You probably think of someone with their legs crossed and holding their hands up in the air chanting "OM" continuously as meditation. This is one way but not the only way.

PC: Goalcast.com


So what is Mindfulness Meditation exactly?

It is one of the easiest ways to focus on your present rather than your past or future concerns. It can be an excellent tool for self observation and awareness of self. It can be used to promote a feeling such as confidence , tap into their creativity or even perform better psychically. I personally use  guided meditation to keep me focused but it can be as easy as concentrating on your breath flow.

Meditation has been proven to have several health benefits. Scientific studies have shown that meditation makes people happier and that it reduces anxiety, stress and depression. The best part is when done properly, the effects are almost immediate. It can help hard sleepers fall asleep and helps with memory. Ultimately, it assists with clarity and encourages a more positive outlook and understanding of life as a whole.



According to "The Spiritual and Psychic Development Workbook", when we meditate our brainwaves slow from beta waves to alpha waves, similar to how we fall asleep. I was skeptical when I first tried a 30 min guided meditation. I felt absolutely amazing after I finished. I felt like I had been freed from my mind fog and I was prepared to tackle the day!

I normally listen to a  guided mediation playlist I found on Spotify.When I am unable to do a guided meditation, here is how I go through a meditation.  It's also important to note that its unwise to eat before you do this as well as what time of the day and how long you will do this. I tend to shoot for the evenings about an hour before bed on the weekdays and in the morning first thing before the gym on the weekends.


Find a quiet area where you will be undisturbed. Sit in a chair or couch comfortably with hands on your knees or lap with your back straight. Keep your head at a position as if you are wearing a crown with your chin slightly tucked in. Close your eyes( or don't whatever it comfy for you!) and take 5 deep breathes in through your nose and out through your mouth. Scan your body and check in just to be aware. Take about 15 seconds per area of your body. If your mind drifts off, count your breaths to refocus. Think about what you are trying to gain from your meditation and go from there. Continue this for as long as you need and don't be alarmed if you see colors. In fact, i would keep a notepad near you so you can write down anything you remember from your meditation for interpretation later. When you are ready to come back from it, scan your body once again and check in, then count your breaths backwards from 5. Open your eyes and you're done! Make note of your difference in feeling and what you have gained or have seen.

PC: Theabundanceshift.com


I usually scan my body by getting in touch with my chakras, which I will explain in a future post, but until then I hope you gain what you need from your meditations!

Comments