6 Ways to Reduce Your Holiday Stress

For some people, they don't get a joyous feeling during the holidays. I'm sure it sounds wild but hear me out!



Some people dread the holidays because of the overwhelming stress it can cause them. I admit I am one of those people where I kind of dread going to thanksgiving dinner because of the "What are you doing with your life ?" questions. Sometimes going to Walmart or Target to find the perfect gift can be anxiety inducing because of high crowd volumes or because you feel pressured to get the best gift for someone special. With today being Stress Awareness day, I wanted to share 7 ways to reduce stress that have worked for me personally!

Be Organized

Planning your days, weeks, and months if you want! This gives you a detailed idea and layout of what to expect and therefore you wont be too overwhelmed with what the day holds for you. Obviously sometimes things happen that will be out of your control and that's okay! With a written schedule, you can visually adjust and keep moving forward! I keep several planers for fitness, social media, general things and more!

Try out The Magical Miranda's 2020 Disney Themed Planner !

I have the 2019 version of this planner from Amazon currently and love it! I tend to go towards PrettySimple products a lot because of the quality and they are always affordable.

Pretty Simple Planner from Amazon.com
I use Google calendar faithfully as well as Reminders on my phone to keep me on track of my tasks. I use Asana to help me organize tasks and what needs to be done when as well as If which connects all my social media together to give me notifications in one place.

Rest More

Let me just say I'm a BIG FAN of this one! If there's one thing I adore doing, it's sleep. Of course, there is a such thing as too much sleep but too much of anything can be a bad thing. It's recommended that adults get 8 hours of sleep a day. A regular sleep schedule helps with memory improvement and allows your body to recover from the day's physical activities I utilize the Bedtime setting on my iPhone to keep track of my sleeping habits in order to improve it. Most importantly, if I say im going to bed at a specific time, I AM GOING TO BED AT THAT SPECIFIC TIME. This allows me to avoid being cranky and lazy. I know myself well enough to know that when im too tired I don't focus well and give up very easily on work. If you're an insomnia sufferer like me, I would try essential oils with a diffuser. My dear friend Grace is an amazing source for the best essential oils so I would check out her site .

My Diffuser of choice from Amazon $15.99


Melatonin pills are another healthy and natural way to help you sleep. I'm in love with the OLLY brand pills so I would recommend the OLLY Melatonin gummies. Other things I would try is not eating or doing work in bed, finishing all tasks before bedtime and going to the bathroom before bed to avoid mid evening pee breaks.
OLLY Sleep Melatonin Gummies $15.23
Move Your Body



During a workout, I am always super focused on making sure my movements are correct and that im hitting my target number of sets and reps. I am never concerned with all the stress of the day when I am working out. After my workout, I always feel energized and ready to take on anything. It's a wonderful stress reliever that not only gets you in shape when done consistently, but is excellent for your mental health too. Some things you can try that aren't too taxing for beginners are Meditation, Yoga, Barre (My personal favorite), Pilates and Kickboxing. If you are into Group Fitness, I would try Classpass! It's a service that allows you to have pay monthly for a certain amount of credits a month that will allow you to go to any group fitness class in your area. I use it faithfully for Barre and I've fallen in love with it! Use my special link to get $30 off of your plan !

Paint a happy accident


pc: BlogSpot.com


I discovered this idea through Netflix of all places. One night, I came home terribly stressed and a friend suggested I watch "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross." It worked like an absolute charm! I was so into how he was creating beautiful landscapes in such short time that I forgot all my worries. The episodes are about 25-30 mins and it's absolutely mesmerizing. Eventually, I did try painting along with him and its a neat activity I do when I have a little extra money.



Set Aside ME time

Holiday time encourages togetherness and giving to others. It can be difficult to do sometimes when others aren't giving in return. It's a give and take when it comes to relationships and you may feel like you're giving more than you're getting emotionally. It is completely okay to be selfish of your time. I would schedule about 30-45 mins a day to do something that you enjoy or will make you happy. That's enough time to watch an episode of your favorite tv show, catch up on your reading,  take a relaxing walk, chat with a friend you haven't spoken to in a while or even turn your phone off and just take a social media break. As long as it's something that you enjoy and makes you happy, do it!

svmassagetherapy.com

Find a Cute Animal




Nothing cheers me up more than coming home to my special puppers! Not only is he my pet, but he's my emotional support animal! There is just something about being around a dog or cat that boosts anyone's mood. I only recommend this if you aren't allergic and do not have a fear of animals. You could volunteer at your local shelter to get a good feeling by giving back or you could make a reservation at a local kitten or puppy café in your area. Some places have cafes where you can spend a certain amount of time with these animals while enjoying tea or some small delectable for a fee. Japan even has Shiba Inu cafes!




I hope these tips will help you get not just through the holidays but through your everyday life!

Comments